Downtown Zionsville fire that damaged three businesses started in Noah Grant’s restaurant

Photo from scene on September 18, 2017

ZIONSVILLE, Ind. – Investigators say a fire that damaged three businesses in downtown Zionsville started in the basement of Noah Grant’s Grill House & Oyster Bar.

Fire crews responded to report of a residence fire around 3:45 a.m. on September 18. Crews arrived on the scene to find smoke coming from the second floor apartment area on Main Street, as well as the roofline of Noah Grant’s. Crews began an aggressive interior attack on both sides of the building to bring the fire under control.

There were three businesses affected: Silk Purse Antiques, Noah Grant’s and Julie Bova Design. There were no occupants in any of the businesses at the time of the fire.

According to investigators, the fire started in the basement of Noah Grant’s, and it was caused by “an exothermic reaction resulting in spontaneous ignition of rags in the trash.” The fire was ruled accidental.

Preliminary damage estimates for the contents of the three businesses and the building are around $750,000 according to fire department officials.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s