Iguana among several pets rescued from Carmel house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CARMEL, Ind. – The Carmel Fire Department rescued several pets from a house fire Sunday evening, including an iguana and a cat.

Fire officials say the fire sparked at a home in the area of 136th Street and Towne Road.

Thanks to a quick response and an aggressive knockdown, the damage to the structure was kept to a minimum, the department said in a Facebook post.

Officials say the family was not at home during the incident.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s