5 dogs die in northern Indiana after consuming hamburger soaked in antifreeze

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DEKALB COUNTY, Ind. — A humane society in northern Indiana is warning pet owners after multiple dogs were poisoned and killed by hamburger soaked in antifreeze.

The Dekalb Humane Society posted the warning to their Facebook page on Thursday. According to the humane society, someone in the Garrett area (near Fort Wayne) has been going around and leaving hamburger soaked in antifreeze in areas that are accessible to dogs.

Five dogs have died at veterinary clinics around the area after consuming the poisonous meat. The humane society says police are investigating each incident, but at this time, they do not have any suspects.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s