LIVE STREAM: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell speaks after second day of meetings on social issues

11-year-old boy severely burned after gas heater explodes at Madison County home

MARKLEVILLE, Ind. – An 11-year-old boy was severely burned in an explosion at a Madison County home Saturday morning.

The Madison Co Sheriff's Office says it happened around 11 a.m. in the 7300 block of South 25 East between Pendleton and Markleville.

Investigators believe the boy was trying to light a gas heater located in a homemade kennel in a semi trailer near the home. Deputies say there were three puppies in the kennel at the time of the explosion and all of them survived.

Deputies say family members were in the residence approximately 100 yards away from the kennel when the explosion occurred.

The 11-year-old was airlifted to Riley Hospital for Children around noon. He was in critical condition as of Sunday.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s