Indiana firefighter discovers tacks, nails inside children’s Halloween candy

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FREMONT, Ind. – A firefighter in northern Indiana was shocked when he found tacks and nails in his children’s Halloween candy.

The Fremont Police Department shared pictures of the tainted candy on Tuesday, urging parents to check their kids’ candy before letting them eat it.

Two images show tacks embedded in the candy, and a third image shows a nail in a chocolate bar.

The firefighter told police he drove up to southern Michigan to take his kids trick-or-treating, and the Coldwater Police Department is investigating the incident.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s