Angel Tree applications closed at Salvation Army
Update: The Salvation Army is no longer taking applications. The deadline was October 22.
INDIANAPOLIS–Families of children lacking life’s vital needs due to financial struggles can begin applying for the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program.
The Angel Tree program has been around some 30 years to help ensure these children have a wonderful holiday season with their families.
The Salvation Army will begin taking applications Monday, October 10. Applications will be accepted through Saturday October 22, 2016.
Applicants can sign up at one of two Indianapolis locations: The Salvation Army Fountain Square Corps Community Center at 1337 South Shelby Street and the Salvation Army Eagle Creek Corps Community Center at 4400 North High School Road.
Angel Tree is designed to help families whose income falls below the 2016 United States Poverty Guidelines. The qualified income level is dependent upon the number of persons in your household, so visit https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines to determine whether your family qualifies
All applicants must bring the following with them on the day they apply. Applications cannot be processed without these items.
- Valid form of photo ID for applicant (examples: U.S. Driver’s License, U.S. Passport, Indiana State ID, School ID, Green Card, etc.)
- Proof of residence (examples: utility bill, bank statement, etc.); must be within the last month before registering.
- Proof of ALL income, earned and unearned (includes: check stubs, unemployment, SSI, pensions, veteran benefits, disability, SNAP, child support, TANF/AFDC, WIC, etc.); documents
- MUST have a dollar amount on them, as we cannot accept a SNAP card or appointment letter; SNAP cannot be your only form of income.
- Proof of rent, mortgage, or subsidized housing (receipt, lease, or letter from landlord)
- Proof of ALL other expenses (includes: car loan, medical bills, credit cards, other loans, etc.)
- All current utility statements (includes: electric, water, gas, cable, phone, etc.)
- Birth Certificates for all children to be registered.
- List of all clothing and shoe sizes for children to be registered.
Support for Angel Tree comes mostly from local businesses and organizations that adopt multiple angels as a way to give back to the community.
If your company or organization would like to adopt angels, contact Michael Rowland at email@example.com.