Official Rules for #CBS4Sweepstakes: 2-Tickets to Colts Game
CBS4 – WTTV OFFICIAL RULES FOR #CBS4SWEEPSTAKES – 2-TICKETS TO A COLTS GAME
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
SPONSOR: Tribune Broadcasting Indianapolis, LLC, CBS4 WTTV, 6910 NETWORK PLACE, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46278
SWEEPSTAKES DATES: CBS4-WTTV will announce the “#CBS4Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) on the air (either visually or aurally), at or around 5am on July 27th and the Sweepstakes will run through 5 pm on December 23, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the Indianapolis Designated Market Area, as defined by The Nielsen Company (“the Sweepstakes area”), who are 18 years of age or older as of the time of the Sweepstakes announcement and who have not won any prize from Sponsor in the 60 days preceding the Sweepstakes announcement. Employees of Sponsor, Indianapolis Colts, Inc. (“Colts”), and their parent corporations, subsidiaries, or affiliates and of other media companies (including television and radio stations), and such employees’ immediate family (parents, spouse, siblings, grandparents and children) or household members are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and outside of the Sweepstakes area.
HOW TO ENTER: Once the on-air announcement is made, visit the CBS4 booth at various community events during the Sweepstakes Period. At the booth, entrants can pick up a CBS4 sticker, place it on their vehicle and then post a picture to their social media page (s) with the hashtag #CBS4Sweepstakes. Entrants may also enter by taking a picture at the booth using the Snapifeye frame and posting that picture to their social media page-(s) with the hashtag #CBS4Sweepstakes. The picture the entrant posts will be referred to herein as the “Photo.” Limit one entry per person, regardless of whether entrant posts the Photo on more than one social media page or feed.. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to submit entries. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the social media account through which the entry will be submitted will be deemed the entrant.
SUBMITTED PHOTOS: By submitting a Photo, each entrant represents and warrants that no laws were broken in the creation of the Photo; that the Photo is the entrant’s own original creation; and that the Photo does not violate the rights of any other person or company (including but not limited to privacy and copyrights), does not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, does not contain unsafe, offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content, and in no other way violates any applicable laws. Photos that do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify those entries that contain offensive or inappropriate material, that are deemed by Sponsor to be unsuitable, or that Sponsor believes would subject it to a claim or litigation. Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. By entering, entrants grant to Sponsor an unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to publish the Photo and derivative works based thereon in any medium now known or hereafter invented, in perpetuity, without any right of approval or payment for entrants. Entrants otherwise will retain all rights to their Photo, and the publication of their Photo by Sponsor will not limit their use and ability to further market the Photo. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to post the Photo online on Sponsor’s website or via Sponsor’s social media channels or via Sponsor’s apps or to broadcast the Photo on CBS4.
WINNER SELECTION AND VERIFICATION: During the Sweepstakes Period, one potential winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries and will be tentatively declared a winner (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules) on the following dates: September 2nd for the September 11th game, September 16th for the September 25th game, September 30th for the October 9th game, October 21st for the October 30th game, November 11th for the November 20th game, November 18th for the November 24th game, December 2nd for the December 11th game and December 23rd for the January 1st game. To be eligible for a particular drawing, the entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET the night before the drawing. Entries from one sweepstakes will not carry over to the next drawing. Please note, the quality of the Photo will not play a role in the selection of the winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries for each drawing. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners by direct message via the social media platform through which the potential winner entered. Winner must respond within 24 hours after first notification attempt. Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible, non-winning entries (time permitting) if: (a) winner cannot be contacted/does not respond within 24 hours of Sponsor’s first notification attempt; (b) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; (d) winner does not return any required documents or provide required identification by deadline established by Sponsor; and/or (e) winner does not pick up the prize by the deadline set forth herein.
PRIZES: Each prize is two tickets to the following Indianapolis Colts regular-season home games at Lucas Oil Stadium: September 11, September 25, October 9, October 30, November 20, November 24, December 11, and January 1. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $289. The total ARV of all prizes is $578. Seating locations will be determined by the Colts. Tickets subject to terms and conditions thereon. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in or associated with the prize not specifically listed on the Sweepstakes website, are the responsibility of the winner. The prize is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed, it is not transferable or redeemable for cash, and it may not be substituted for another prize, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, or as provided in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize. Any unused prize elements will be forfeited. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than provided more than in these Official Rules. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. Any and all questions or disputes regarding selection of winner must be directed to Sponsor. THE WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PICK UP THE PRIZE IN PERSON AT CBS4-WTTV, 6910 NETWORK PLACE, INDIANAPOLIS, IN, 46278 DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS (i.e., 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ET) NO LATER THAN THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE GAME. IF THE WINNER CANNOT MAKE IT TO THE STATION BY THAT TIME, THE TICKETS MAY ALSO BE LEFT AT THE “WILL-CALL” LOCATED AT LUCAS OIL STADIUM ON THE DAY OF THE GAME. The winner may be required to present valid identification and to sign additional documentation such as an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and, if required, winner must provide identification and sign and return the affidavit and release within 48 hours of the time Sponsor sends such document to winner.
GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will pick the winners of remaining prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect, non-winning entries received as of the termination and will post notice of its action on Sponsor’s Facebook page, on-air, and at the CBS4 booth at various community events during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Sponsor is not responsible or liable for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes, (b) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (c) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (d) mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including but not limited to failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages, on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website, or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, (e) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (f) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (g) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, (h) entries that are late, lost, stolen, incomplete, damaged, illegible, misdirected, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof), or (i) any change in the entrant’s social media accounts and/or any other contact information provided by the entrant. Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the entry process are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
- Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or if such individual shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening or harassing manner; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor shall not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any entry or marketing material used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with these Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. All disputes arising out of or relating to any prize must be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Indianapolis, IN. Such claims will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to have your name, photograph, voice, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes by Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law. Entrants understand and consent that if selected as the tentative winning entrant their names may be broadcast on-air.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, you represent that you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Colts, The National Football League and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and all of their directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by prize or resulting from your participation in this Sweepstakes and your acceptance and use of prize.
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope along with a letter detailing your request to “#4TheColts Sweepstakes”, CBS4-WTTV, Attn: Creative Services, 6910 Network Place, Indianapolis, Indiana 46278. Winner’s names will be available after the winner has been verified and the prize has been awarded. Requests must be received within 60 days of the end of the Sweepstakes.
- This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Productions LLC, and NFL International LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.