Fourth of July events: Carmel Fest, Freedom Blast, and more
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (July 1, 2016) – Fourth of July weekend is here, and there are plenty of fun events that go along with the most patriotic weekend of the year!
Friday, July 1
- The Zoolapalooza Concert Series continues Friday with live music from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Indianapolis Zoo. The event is the same as the cost for zoo admission, and it is free for members.
- Watch a film outside at the IMA during their Summer Nights Film Series. On Friday, they are showing “Remember the Titans” starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $8 for members and $12 for the public.
- The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra will celebrate Independence Day with their Star Spangled Symphony. The show will be at White River State Park, and it will conclude with fireworks. Adult tickets start at $25 and Child tickets (ages 3-12) start at $10. Children ages two and under are free.
- Howl at the Moon is hosting a Red, White, and Brew Bash to celebrate America with drink specials.
Saturday, July 2
- The INDYpendence Day Concert for Cancer is a two-day music festival taking place at the Pan Am Plaza with several high-profile singers including Ludacris, The Lost Kings, and Standout Story. $30 for a one-day pass and $50 for a two-day pass.
- A variety of restaurants are coming together for the Taste of Indy at Monument circle from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $6 in advance, $8 the day of, and free for kids ages six and under.
- Flat12 Bierwerks will hold a free Red, White, and Brew Independence Day celebration from noon to 8 p.m.
Sunday, July 3
- Join CBS4 at CarmelFest – a free, two-day Fourth of July festival. There will be live music, games, and a KidZone for children. It’s located at Carmel Civic Square. The festival goes from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Sunday.
Monday, July 4
- Join our news gathering partners FOX59 at Donatos Downtown Freedom Blast. The event which starts at 6:30 p.m. is at the Indiana War Memorial Grounds. There will be food vendors and fun activities for kids. Leading up to Indy’s largest fireworks display, shooting from the top of the Regions Bank Tower! Fireworks start at 10 p.m. FOX59 will also live stream the fireworks for those who want to watch it from home.
- Check out CarmelFest for a spectacular fireworks display to synchronized music on armel High Station WHJE 91.3 FM. The fireworks begin at 9:45 p.m. and the Carmel Symphony Orchestra will play the “Star Spangled Salute.” Also, earlier in the morning, you won’t want to miss the parade down Main Street at 10:30 a.m.