MUNCIE, Ind. (April 15, 2016) – A SWAT raid in Muncie Thursday night resulted in the seizure of guns, drugs, thousands of dollars in cash, and eight arrests.
The Delaware County Sheriff’s SWAT team raided the suspected drug house at 1901 East Cedar Street around 8:30 p.m.
Officers seized marijuana; 32-grams of cocaine; two handguns; and $12,492 in cash. Additionally, they arrested eight people.
The raid was the result of an investigation by the Sheriff’s Office Drug Task Force in which 21-grams of cocaine were purchased by undercover officers.
“This was another very successful operation and outcome due to the dedication, hard work and investigation done by our Drug Task Force unit and the rest of the men and women of the Sheriff’s Office. We continue to do all we can to take drugs and guns off the streets.” said Sheriff Ray Dudley.
The following is a list of people arrested as a result of the raid and their preliminary charges:
- Datrion L. Hendricks: dealing cocaine, possession cocaine, maintaining common nuisance
- William C. Balfour SR: possession cocaine, maintaining common nuisance
- China B. Shouse: visiting common nuisance
- Jihad R. Foster: visiting common nuisance, FTA warrant city court
- Joshua Balfor: visiting common nuisance
- Davonte Hendricks: visiting common nuisance, resisting law enforcement
- Jairus Foster: possession of marijuana
- Donsha Moore: visiting common nuisance, possession of marijuana