Six things you didn’t know about Peeps
(March 27, 2016) — It’s hard not to associate Easter with Peeps, but there are some surprising facts about the marshmallow treat that you may not know.
- Enough Peeps are produced in one year to circle the earth twice, according the Just Born, the candy’s manufacturer.
- If you stack 8,000 Peeps bunnies on top of each other, you could reach the top of the Willis Tower in Chicago.
- In 1953, it took 27 hours to create one Peep. Today, thanks to advances in technology, it takes only six minutes.
- In the late 1950’s, Peeps wings were “clipped” to give them a sleek, modern look.
- Peeps have been the #1 non-chocolate brand during Easter for over 20 years, according to.
- Yellow is America’s bestselling color of Peeps chicks and bunnies.
Have some leftover Peeps? Check out some of Just Born’s great Peeps recipes.