CBS4 – WTTV
OFFICIAL RULES FOR
FACEBOOK SWEEPSTAKES – ONGOING
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SPONSOR: Tribune Broadcasting Indianapolis, LLC, CBS4 WTTV, 6910 NETWORK PLACE, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46278
- SWEEPSTAKES DATES: From time to time, CBS4-WTTV will announce a “Facebook” sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) on the air (either visually or aurally), at or around noon CT on March 23, 2016 and the Sweepstakes will run through 11PM ET on March 30, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor may run more than one sweepstakes on Facebook, but entries from one sweepstakes drawing will not carry over to the next drawing. The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER: Visit the WTTV Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/pages/indianas-4-wttv/315510655359 during the Sweepstakes Period. Follow the Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page. Accurately complete the entry form, including your name, address, phone number, valid email address and date of birth. Entrants must use their own name and their own valid email address. Limit one entry per person and per email address. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries containing attachments, or generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to submit entries. Received entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. You must accurately provide all information requested on the entry form, including name and telephone number. You must also have a valid email account in order for your entry to be eligible. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the email account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry.
Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Limit one entry per person/email address.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and outside the Sweepstakes area defined below. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the Indianapolis Designated Market Area, as defined by The Nielsen Company, who are 18 years of age or older as of the time of the Sweepstakes announcement and who have not won any prize from Sponsor in the 1 year preceding the Sweepstakes announcement. Employees of Sponsor and its parent corporation, subsidiaries, or affiliates and of other media companies (including television and radio stations), and such employees’ immediate family (parents, spouse, siblings, grandparents and children) or household members are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Winners in any given instance of this Sweepstakes are ineligible to win additional prizes in subsequent instances of this Sweepstakes for 1 year.
- PRIZE AND WINNER SELECTION:
After the close of the Sweepstakes Period, one potential winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries and will be tentatively declared a winner (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules). For the identity and approximate retail value of the prize, visit www.cbs4indy.com and click on the contest tab. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will attempt to notify winners by telephone or email provided in the corresponding entry. Winner must respond within 24 hours after first notification attempt. Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible, non-winning entries (time permitting) if: (a) winner cannot be contacted/does not respond within 24 hours of Sponsor’s first notification attempt; (b) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; (d) winner does not return any required documents or provide required identification by deadline established by Sponsor; and/or (e) winner does not pick up the prize by the deadline set forth herein.
- RESTRICTIONS: All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in or associated with the prize not specifically listed on the Sweepstakes website, are the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to reschedule or suspend Sweepstakes because of breaking news, technical problems or unforeseen scheduling conflicts. The prize is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed, it is not transferable or redeemable for cash, and it may not be substituted for another prize, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, or as provided in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize. Any unused prize elements will be forfeited. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than provided more than in these Official Rules. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. Any and all questions or disputes regarding selection of winner must be directed to Sponsor. THE WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PICK UP THE PRIZE IN PERSON AT CBS4-WTTV, 6910 NETWORK PLACE, INDIANAPOLIS, IN, 46278 DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS (i.e., 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ET) NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS AFTE THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES. The winner may be required to present valid identification and to sign additional documentation in order to receive the prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
(a) If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will pick the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination and will post notice of its action on Sponsor’s Facebook page. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKESWILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize(s), (b) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (c) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (d) mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including but not limited to failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages, on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website, or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, (e) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (f) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (g) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, (h) entries that are late, lost, stolen, incomplete, damaged, illegible, misdirected, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof, or (i) any change of email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or any other contact information provided by entrant. Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the entry process are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
(b) Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or if such individual shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening or harassing manner; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor shall not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any entry or marketing material used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
(c) All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with these Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. All disputes arising out of or relating to any prize must be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Indianapolis, IN. Such claims will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
(d) By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to have your name, photograph, voice, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes by Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law. Entrants understand and consent that if selected as the tentative winning entrant their names may be broadcast on-air.
(e) By participating in the Sweepstakes, you represent that you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and all of their directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by prize or resulting from your participation in this Sweepstakes and your acceptance and use of prize.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope along with a letter detailing your request to “Facebook Sweepstakes – Ongoing”, CBS4-WTTV, Attn: Creative Services, 6910 Network Place, Indianapolis, Indiana 46278. Winner’s names will be available after the winner has been verified and the prize has been awarded. Requests must be received within 60 days of the end of the Sweepstakes.