Person trapped in east side house fire dies
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (December 6, 2015)– One person died in a house fire on the city’s east side Sunday evening.
Fire units were called to the 900 block of North Linwood Avenue around 6:35 p.m. on a report of a double residence fire with someone trapped inside.
Fire crews at the scene searched for a possible victim who was located in the basement.
Medical crews declared that person dead at the scene.
Investigators say the victim was a 75-year-old male who was in a bed in the basement of the home.
Preliminary reports indicate the man was smoking a cigarette that touched off an oxygen tank he was hooked up to.