The Salvation Army adds 2 more days for central Indiana families to register for Angel Tree
If you weren’t able to register a child for The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program, there’s still time! The Salvation Army has just added two extra days in November for families to sign up.
November 19 and 20, families can register in person at The Salvation Army Fountain Square Corps Community Center located at 1337 S. Shelby Street or the The Salvation Army Eagle Creek Corps Community Center at 4400 N. High School Road. Both locations will be open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Nov. 19 and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 20.
Angel Tree helps families whose income falls below the 2015 United States Poverty Guidelines. The qualified income level is dependent upon the number of persons in your household, so visit aspe.hhs.gov/2015-poverty-guidelines to determine whether your family qualifies. Children ages 0-12 who are residents of Marion County, Ind., are eligible for assistance through the Angel Tree program.
What items must I bring with me in order to apply for Angel Tree assistance?
All applicants must bring the following with them on the day they apply. Applications cannot be processed without these items.
- Valid form of photo ID for applicant (examples: U.S. Driver’s License, U.S. Passport, Indiana State ID, School ID, Green Card, etc.)
- Proof of residence (examples: utility bill, bank statement, etc.); must be within the last month before registering.
- Proof of ALL income, earned and unearned (includes: check stubs, unemployment, SSI, pensions, veteran benefits, disability, SNAP, child support, TANF/AFDC, WIC, etc.); documents MUST have a dollar amount on them, as we cannot accept a SNAP card or appointment letter; SNAP cannot be your only form of income.
- Proof of rent, mortgage, or subsidized housing (receipt, lease, or letter from landlord)
- Proof of ALL other expenses (includes: car loan, medical bills, credit cards, other loans, etc.)
- All current utility statements (includes: electric, water, gas, cable, phone, etc.)
- Birth Certificates for all children to be registered.
- List of all clothing and shoe sizes for children to be registered.
I still have questions. Who can I can I contact?
Contact Lisa Berryman at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have about Angel Tree.