Kraft expands recall of cheese singles that could pose choking hazard
(Sept. 4, 2015) – Kraft expanded its recall of the company’s signature Kraft Singles.
The Kraft Heinz Company recalled 36,000 cases of 3-lb. and 4-lb. packages in July because small pieces of plastic wrap can stick to the cheese, posing a potential choking hazard. The expanded recall includes additional sizes and types.
Here’s the list of the added products:
- 4-lb. Kraft Singles American
- 3-lb. Kraft Singles American (3 1-lb. packages)
- 4-lb. Kraft Singles White American
- 3-lb. Kraft Singles White American
- 1-lb. Kraft Singles White American
- 1-lb. Kraft Singles
- 3-lb. Deli Deluxe Kraft American Singles
- 3-lb. Kraft Singles American (72 individually-wrapped Singles in cardboard carton)
The recalled products all have a “Best When Used By” date between December 15 and February 16, the company said. There is one exception to that guideline: Deli Deluxe Kraft American Singles are dated January 16 through March 16.
All of the recalled products have S54 and S55 codes. Those refer to the two production lines where the cheese was made.
Customers who purchased any of the recalled cheese should not eat it and return packages to the store for a refund. U.S. customers can contact Kraft Heinz Consumer Relations for a full refund, at 1-800-432-3101, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Time. For more information, visit this website.