Cat survives shock, 25-foot fall from power pole

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo credit: AP Photo/Jennifer Kagay

GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP – April 11, 2015) — The owner of a 17-pound Siamese cat named Liam says he has nearly used up his nine lives after getting shocked on a power pole in Grants Pass and falling 25 feet.

Jennifer Kagay tells The Grants Pass Daily Courier she and her husband were lying in bed early Tuesday when they heard a “bang” and the power went out.

Her husband, Jeff, went outside and the cat was lying still on the transformer at the top of the pole. They were relieved when Liam started to move, but horrified when he fell 25 feet to the ground. On the way down, he snagged a wire with a claw, then landed softly in some brush.

The Kagays took him to the vet, where he may have to have one leg amputated.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s