Person of interest identified after boy shot, paralyzed on northwest side

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS (April 6, 2015) – Indianapolis Metropolitan police are questioning a man who may have information about a shooting last week that left an 8-year-old boy paralyzed.

On Tuesday, March 31, IMPD officers were dispatched to Community Empire for Less used appliance store, 1301 W. 30th St. They found an 8-year-old boy who’d been shot. Investigators said the victim was hit in the arm; the bullet then exited the other side up his body. He was taken to Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health in serious condition.

Employees at the store said the boy and his cousin were playing outside while waiting for a family member to pick him up. He was paralyzed as a result of the shooting, police said.

On Monday morning, police said they wanted to question a man about the shooting. The man, thought to be between 45 and 65 years old, was driving a plum colored 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Track short bed pickup truck. He rushed out of the business and went southbound on Elmira Street immediately after the shooting.

Monday afternoon, police said the man was identified and is cooperating with the investigation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s