Five people suspected of Anderson armed robberies

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ANDERSON, Ind. (March 5, 2015) – Anderson detectives are investigating two armed robberies that happened earlier in the week. Authorities said five people will be preliminarily charged in connection with those crimes. The first armed robbery happened Monday around 11:30 p.m. at the Village Pantry along 14th and Main streets.

The second robbery happened Tuesday night around the same time at the Village Pantry along Cross Street. Detective Joel Sandefur said both crimes were similar in that a suspect showed a weapon and demanded money.

Sandefur said at first they thought there was only one suspect but quickly determined a group of five people was connected to the armed robberies and worked together. Sandefur said their ages range from 17 to 22 years old.

Sandefur said all of the suspects will face the same charges. Those preliminary charges are conspiracy to commit armed robbery and armed robbery. The 17-year-old is charged as an adult. Authorities got a break in the case after some evidence was left behind outside one of the gas stations and because surveillance video captured a possible getaway car.

Authorities said they arrested the suspects Wednesday night and as of Thursday they were still processing everyone.

“That’s the way it looks that they were going to continue to do this until they (got) caught,” Sandefur said.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s