Shelby County barn fire caused by heating unit

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SHELBY COUNTY, Ind. (February 16, 2015) – A Shelby County barn caught on fire Sunday night after ashes from a home heating unit got too close to the side of the barn.

The fire broke out around 10 p.m. at 1200 South and 300 West near Flat Rock. There were only tools in the barn, no animals.

The Flat Rock fire chief says there is about $20,000 to $30,000 worth of damage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s